Thursday, June 2, 2011

Further Products


Yesterday I was at Clover buying a birthday gift for my sister, and as I am oft to do, I tried on multiple lotions in the "try me!" section. (Don't even get me started on my acute case of must-try-on-every-perfume-in-duty-free-shop syndrome.)

I was taken aback at how much I liked the lotion by Los Angeles-based brand, Further. The smell was fresh, with hints of bergamont, olive and grass, and most importantly, it made my hands so soft.

It got me thinking. This is exactly the kind of product I would love to have in my hotelito bathrooms. Discovering exciting bathroom products that you can take home with you (hint hint, Ace) is really one of the best things about staying at a hotel, isn't it?

I'm certainly not the first to discover this product. It's the soap used at Suzanne Goin's restaurant Tavern (who used to live in our apartment!) and at the Fairmont Miramar in Santa Monica. Oh, and they sell it at William Sonoma.

The reason it's still worth talking about, despite the hype, is that the products are made from glycerin, a byproduct of the biofuel distillation process. The married couple/owners get used grease from Mario Batali's Mozza to fuel their biodiesel vintage cars and they used the remaining product to make candles.


I wonder what other great local bathroom products are being produced right under my nose. Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment