Thursday, June 23, 2011

Taş Otel - Alaçatı, Turkey

Photo from cafefernando.com

I am embarrassed to admit that despite having lived in the Middle East for nearly 4 years, I've never been to Turkey. It's like living in Los Angeles and never going to San Francisco. My excuse is that I was always a broke-ass student while there. But still, that's an inexcusable excuse.

I have a growing crush on the small Turkish town of Alaçatı on the Aegean Sea. According to Wikipedia, the town is, "famous for its architecture, vineyards and windmills for over 150 years. It has now made its name in the world of windsurfing and kitesurfing, with its crystal clear water, consistent and steady wind and well acclaimed hospitality."

Check out these indulgent photos of Alaçatı on the Cafe Fernando blog.

What started this whole infatuation was the brief glimpse on the intertron of the small boutique hotel, Taş Otel. It's a 150-year-old Greek mansion that has been transformed a 7-room boutique hotel. The website talks about how the owner quit her marketing job to open her dream hotel, and her adorable golden retriever is all over the website's gallery. These are details that make me like this place even more.

This is exactly the kind of hotel I'd love to run.

All photos from the Taş Otel website.

No comments:

Post a Comment